Thursday, June 13, 2013

Remembering Joyce

Good afternoon loves,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post - a post about a woman who impacted my life enormously.  My grandmother Joyce Lehman passed away last week at the age of 82, after several years of health challenges and a lifelong battle with Multiple Sclerosis.  

She loved God and her family with everything, and her smile and hugs are unforgettable.  She cared about those around her, even her nurses who were there to care for her.  She also loved funny things like coffee-flavored candies and miniature animal figurines and Scrabble.  

I often say that I inherited my "passion for fashion" from grandma.  She used to have shoes and handbags to match every dress, and clearly her dresses were nice as many have held up over the years and the few that I have inherited are still in style.  She had fun with fashion, and although she was a woman of depth, she appreciated silly little things like a good pair of heels.  That makes her inspiring and it makes her relatable.  It makes me proud to be a part of her family tree. 

Here are some photos of Joyce through the years.

Her college graduation photo

I have this swimsuit in my closet - still in style after all these years.



Those shoes!



Pictured Right

Love this one!

This precious photo is the last photo I have with her, taken less than a week before she passed.  Pictured with her are my aunt, mother, sister, and me.




No comments:

Post a Comment