Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring is for Leather

Good evening lovlies.

Wanted to take a moment to share one of my favorite spring trends with you.  This is a secret I learned from living in Europe (specifically Greece) for two years.  There are two magical items that every person, guy or girl should have in their closet:
aviator sunglasses and a leather jacket.

Europeans are hopelessly fashionable, although they do have their quirks like over-bedazzling sweatpants.  Europeans have less clothes than the average American.  They buy fewer items but they buy smart.  Every Greek guy and every greek girl seems to have the same uniform come springtime, the timeless aviator and sunglasses combination.   And it does wonders.

You can have the worst hair day, leave your makeup off and put this on - good to go.  You will look like a movie star without trying too hard (or looking like you did).  Just make sure the leather jacket is fitted, black or tan or deep red look best.  You will find a leather jacket can be worn indoors, over sundresses, with jeans, in winter with a scarf - it is one of the best items you can have in your wardrobe.  I found mine at Target for $40 (they are hard to find cheaper than that unless you experience a thrift store miracle) and it has become a "wardrobe MVP".   For guys, I recommend Urban Outfitters, and I'm a big fan of those with hoods, like the one I picked out for my husband Paul.   Aviators are all over the place - you should never have to spend more than 10 bucks for a pair.  The ray ban style works too.



Here is my attempt, and my husband's version (he's still mad I made him pose)



Jacket: Target $40, Glasses: Target $10, Blouse: Forever21 $18, Shoes: Charlotte Russe $15



1 comment:

  1. I love Paul's expression! But you guys both look so great, it is a good casual but put together look-- I will have to find a vegan jacket-- any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete