Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Loveable Chairs

Hey friends,

Andrea here with some thoughts on interior design.  Let's talk chairs.

I became interested in chair design a few years ago when I partnered up with some friends to help design the iHeart Cafe in Thessaloniki, Greece.  We chose to use French metal cafe chairs, but I'd like to showcase another favorite of mine.

The Eames chair is a classic design that is simple, chic, and packs big style. I especially love the black and white versions when contrasted with the opposite color wall. There are some at overstock.com but I am still searching the web for more affordable replicas. This chair was designed in the 50's by Charles and Ray Eames, a pair of American designers. Over 60 years later this vintage design is still relevant.  There are many versions out there, all with wooden/metal legs, and some that rock or have a more shell-like shape.  Here is some pinspiration... feast your eyes!













No comments:

Post a Comment