Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Night Dinner


Happy Spring, ladies!

Today is my friend Mackenzie's birthday and we are going to celebrate with dinner on the deck at Duke's this lovely evening.

I'm a little old-fashioned in that I like to dress up when I go out to eat.  Aw heck I use any excuse I can to dress up.  However I am biking to the restaurant which could make wearing heels interesting...better put a spare pair of flats in my basket.



My ride for the evening

One piece of advice I have for you ladies today: If you are going to splurge on an item of clothing, make it a classic that is versatile and fits you perfectly.  For me this piece was my black blazer from LOFT.  It cost almost $50, and for a thrifter like me that is painful.  However, this looks professional at work and can go with jeans or a casual dress over the weekend.  It has more than paid for itself with the amount of times I have worn it.  There are a few pieces like this that every woman should have and if you need to spend a little extra for just the right cut or quality, do it.  

Blazer - LOFT $48

Scalloped Shorts: H&M, $16  Belt: Forever 21, set of 3 $12
Shoes: Forever 21, $20

Feathered Earrings:  Forever 21, $6.50

Nail Polish: H&M, 3.50

Also, I wanted to share with you two of my secret weapons from the makeup bag:  Bronzer and Highlighter.  The Bronzer is by Hoola and the highlighter is Urban Decay in "Sin".  Both from Ulta, and I use them for HAC (highlighting and contouring).  To learn more about how to do HAC, check out this video tutorial via maskara.




 Have a great day friends!  Til next time,

Andrea 

No comments:

Post a Comment