Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Salad Two Ways (that aren't ho-hum)

Good evening dearests!

The warm weather lately has me craving salad like crazy.  I (Andrea) want to share two of my favorite summer salad recipes with youThe first I adapted from ideas online and the other is my mother's classic that she busts out for special events (as all moms do).  

Avacado Grapefruit Salad
Boston Bibb Lettuce
Throw in slivered red onion, toasted walnuts, long slices of avocado, and chunks of grapefruit

Dressing: 
1 T dijon mustard
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 cup EVOO





Mandarin Orange Almond Salad
Green leaf lettuce
Add sliced green onions, chopped celery, and canned mandarin oranges
Toss a cup or two of slivered almonds in a few tablespoons of sugar over a small skillet to candy-coat almonds (careful, sugar can easily burn) and separate with forks on a paper towel     

Dressing: 
1 t salt
dash pepper
4 T sugar
4 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
dash of cayenne pepper to taste
fresh chopped parsley   


*These are not my photos just found similar salad photos on pinterest! I'm no food photographer : ) 

So... any other recipes you guys have?  Let me know - always looking for more!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment